9.08.2009

4+ Months Post-Surgery

And I am in deep grief - for what my husband and daughter have lost, for what I have lost over the last 2.5 years; for what I am so scared, right now, that I may never regain. I feel tapped, like I have nothing to give right now. Maybe tomorrow will feel different, but I can't see it from this afternoon. I also had four steroid injections - extraordinarily painful affair - less than a week ago, and they're making me feel sick (and perhaps emotionally off-balance), so we'll see.

I am removing the post in which I use my real name because I have clients who sometimes seek connection with me outside of session by finding evidence of me on the web. Better to remove it and stick with "K" rather than start a whole new blog.

5 comments:

Quinn said...

How was the surgery? Have you seen any improvement? How long were you off work? I would love to read more about your experience.

Anonymous said...

Was your surgery a pudendal nerve decompression? If so, you're probably aware that it can take years to get you to 100% (sadly). That being said, some people can make a full recovery much quicker than that.

Kate said...

Yes, it was a pudendal nerve decompression, and yes, I've heard that it can take up to five years post-surgery to realize 100% success. That's a very tough number to accept.

AlteredEgo said...

You already know this, but I'm so sorry for everything you're going through. And your family as well. I'm glad you're writing about it. Venting is important.

Kate said...

thanks...