9.28.2009

"Distraction" Technique

Had rectal massage of tendons that Dr. A calls a "distraction technique" (nice euphemism) again this morning, through another 4 mg of ativan. A week from Wednesday, I will try it will 3 mg. Cried again. Hurts horribly. But a tech who is always lovely to me when I have injections was curious about the procedure, and I said she could come see how it goes if she wanted, which she did, and she paid attention to what he was doing but also held my hand and stroked my hair while I cried and (cried out.) [Thank you, L.] No sharp pains since this morning, whereas last night one hit me that was so bad I was lying on the couch with an ice pack clutched to my genitals and had tears running down my face. I HATE it when that happens when my kid is around. She was upstairs, but say the aftermath of the tears. Damn it. That one lasted 10 minutes.

I hope I am without the awful pain spikes for two or more days this time. Funny, what one begins to look forward to.

9 comments:

Lora said...

I wish I had something to say. I've been following your struggle, completely dumbfounded.

It's just so damned hard. And unfair.

And painful.

Thinking of you,
Lora
(from Servicing the Chassis)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Laura. Better today. No one's doing anything awful to me until Wednesday :) And they increased my pain meds yesterday, so they're LISTENING to me, which is a big deal.

K

HFHF: Authors said...

Did you have yourself examined for a labral tear?

Anonymous said...

No, why?
-K

HFHF: Authors said...

I've suffered from symptoms classified as Pudendal Neuralgia for the last 2 years. I was recently diagnosed with a labral hip tear - something that can refer pain into your perineum and groin especially when sitting. So I'm wondering about how many people with the pudendal neuralgia diagnosis may have a labral hip tear or Fai.

HFHF: Authors said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I will look into this. Thanks. Although...should be something that was seen when my doc had me opened up in surgery. May I ask, how was your discovered? Is that something a doc can see externally, or only internally? Guess if I look it up, that might become obvious, hm?

-K.

Anonymous said...

i too have horrible pudendal neurolgia that took over a year to diagnose and it turns out i also have a labral hip tear. my pt and drs are convinced there is a direct relationship between labral hip tears and pn. i am having arthroscopic hip surgery on the 9th and pray this will end the pudendal pain. If anyone out there has pudendal pain, pls go have a hip mri and see if you have a hip tear. even if you dont have hip pain, go have one. I dont have any hip pain yet i have a big tear. hope this helps someone out there. its just the worst pain imaginable.

Ds said...

Did the hip surgery help you. I have been diagnosed FAI both sides.