9.15.2009

Decompression Surgery

In April, I had pudendal nerve decompression surgery via the transgluteal approach. This link states that the incisions are 2-3 cm; mine are nearly 5 inches long, with one-inch incisions above those, where the drains were for the first day post-op. Dr. Stanley Antolak performed the surgery. He says it went well. I remember his disembodied face floating over me as I came out of anesthesia after three hours under, telling me that I had "really needed this surgery" and that it had gone very well. By this, he meant the procedure had gone well; we don't know yet what the ultimate results will be.

More when I can. I keep trying to write about the surgery and recovery...this is as much as I can do right now. It's also time to leave my office and go see my analyst.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to my world. Or, crotch pain.central...i had the left pudendal.nerve decompression last year, and am having the right side done in two days....jprincessjenni @aol.com

Anonymous said...

Did it work? You mean you have to pay double to have this surgery.
Crotch pain central, she says it right. Get well. I hope that you
make it. Remember I was in a room,
all the ladies have pain of something. So it must be very common.
They are keeping this hidden from us.